Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bicycles as Transportation


If we in Jefferson County hope to meet our goal of reducing carbon emissions to 80% lower than 1990 levels by 2050, we will need to stop traveling or start bicycling. Encouraging bicycling leads to a healthier population reducing the costs of healthcare. It also fosters community. I have never met anyone when driving a car but I meet people all the time on my bike.
Bikes can be used for recreation but they really shine when they are used for daily transportation. I use mine to carry loads from hundreds of pounds to a bag of groceries.
Every bicycle you see means less tax money spent on water pollution, road maintenance, health care infrastructure, military, homeland security, fire and ambulance, and garbage.
If you need help with your bike or how to use your bike more, contact me.

No comments: