Jefferson County is updating its Non-Motorized Transportation & Recreational Trails (NMT) Plan that was initially adopted in 2002. The 2010 Plan update will guide the County’s development of non-motorized transportation facilities and multi-purpose trails, including:
- Larry Scott Trail and the Rick Tollefson Trail
- Safe routes for walking to school
- Sidewalks in commercial areas and adequate roadway shoulders and community trails for walking in residential area
- Pedestrian and bicycle connections to transit routes
- Bicycle commuting routes
- Bicycle touring routes such as the Olympic Discovery Trail
Click here for additional information on the 2010 NMT Plan Update, including links to chapters of the proposed NMT Plan.
The Jefferson County Commissioners will conduct a public hearing on the Draft 2010 Non-Motorized Transportation and Recreational Trails Plan at 10:00 AM on May 17, 2010 in the Commissioners’ Chambers at the Jefferson County Courthouse in Port Townsend.